The Database Administrative Assistant & Researcher, as part of the Ropella Media team, will be a dynamic, highly motivated individual who maintains the Ropella databases by identifying and solving database concerns in support of various users, and provides research in support of marketing requirements. The successful candidate will be extremely detail oriented with excellent communication skills, and will be required to assist with other administrative and business development duties. The database administrator works very closely with all Ropella Group professionals, as well as Xcavate personnel.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Database management/cleaning.
- Basic and advanced data entry.
- Research verification by telephone and interview.
- Internet research for competitive information.
- Write and disseminate reports.
- Identify database requirements by interviewing customers; analyzing department applications, programming, and operations; evaluating existing systems and designing proposed system upgrades.
- Recommend solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, data back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Install revised or new systems by proposing specifications and flowcharts; recommending optimum access techniques; coordinating installation requirements.
- Maintain database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters; implementing new releases; completing maintenance requirements; evaluating computer operation systems and hardware products.
- Prepare database users by conducting training; providing information; resolving problems.
- Support database functions by designing and coding utilities.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organizational standards.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Help to identify new database sources, cost of sourcing and data transfer.
- Participate in the research process by generating names for specific assignments using the phone, print materials, and a wide range of online information resources.
- Identify, generate, and distribute supporting research information for active search assignments
- Support search consultants for specific engagements by generating names of potential candidates for a specified search.
- At least 2 to ideally 4 years’ experience designing, developing and generating reports from a relational database application.
- Database design, deployment and management experience is highly desirable.
- Detail oriented and ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks.
- Good verbal and written communicator.
- Expert knowledge of various communications media and tools, including: E-mailing software as well as Microsoft Outlook and Exchange; office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Acrobat).
- Keyboarding/ typing ability required (40 words per minute).
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in project management methodologies, practices, and techniques/tools.
- The ideal candidate must have the ability to multitask with a number of different constituencies on a number of simultaneous projects.
- Undergraduate degree in business or statistics is strongly desired. With courses of study in: operational research, mathematics, electronics, computer science/studies or software/computer engineering is advantageous.
- Required upon hire to sign a non-compete agreement, a drug-free and tobacco-free workplace.
Download Opportunity PDF »
Learn more about this opportunity, Ropella, our team members, the clients we serve, corporate culture, and more!
|Download Skill Survey|
|Download Standards of Behavior|
|Thank you for your interest.|