To build market position and facilitate business opportunities by locating, developing, defining, and closing new client relationships.
- Making “Gold Calls” to the Sr. Executives within the Global Chemical, Allied and other Technology Industries within an assigned geographic region:
- “Gold Calls” are calls to individuals that are recipients of our marketing materials, i.e., Snail Mail Marketing and E-mail Marketing.
- The Targets of the “Gold Calls” include the Sr. Executives within the Global Chemical, Allied and Technology Industries (Order of Preference: CEO’s, Presidents, Vice Presidents, and Directors), and the HR Executives within the Global Chemical and Technology Industry (Order of Preference: VP of HR, Dir. of HR, and HR Managers).
- Taking new leads that come through Publications, ESC’s, Trade Shows, etc. and pursuing them for scheduling retained search presentations.
- Identify trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, such as:
- Looking for companies announcing growth, i.e., creating new divisions, expanding existing divisions, etc.
- Reviewing Classified Ads in industry publications for specific opportunities.
- Looking for Executives that are being promoted within their existing company or moving to new organizations into a management role.
- Working in conjunction with Ropella Media to ensure that the proper people are being “touched” with our marketing campaigns (E-mail Marketing, Snail Mail Marketing, Industry Publication Adv’s, and Trade Show Adv’s).
- Attending Trade Shows/Conferences, Industry Association meetings, and other networking functions that could result in potential new business opportunities.
- Maintaining a well-defined “tickler” file
- File should include 50 plus fresh contacts each day for calling
- Working in conjunction with XCAVATE to Data Mine at the Top 30 clients list of career pages, as well as any job postings by a list of Top 30 clients on Monster, Career Builder, etc.
- Staying in contact with the industry job boards such as ChemPharma, ICIS, etc.
- Keep ESC's/Client Managers abreast of changes in the marketplace, both in terms of potential business development activities and general marketplace trends and news.
- Update job/industry knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Associates should be willing and able to assist with the following functions at appropriate times:
- Training of other new Associates, Research Associates, Administrative Assistants, and Consultants.
- Collection and care of resource materials.
- Involvement in specialty industry practice meetings and communications, and other special projects.
- College degree required, graduate degree desired.
- Minimum of 5 years business experience.
- Able to prioritize and manage workload.
- Prospecting and Sales Planning Skills.
- Motivation for Sales.
- Closing Skills.
- Effective spoken and written communication skills.
- Computer literate and operational.
- Strong organizational skills and detail orientation.
- Confidentiality and honesty.
- Team player.
- Strong analytic abilities.
- Professional, committed to quality service and client satisfaction.
- Demonstrated initiative, resourcefulness, and dependability.
Download Opportunity PDF »
Learn more about this opportunity, Ropella, our team members, the clients we serve, corporate culture, and more!
Download So You Want to be a Headhunter? »
What essential abilities does it take to be a successful Executive Search Consultant?
|Download Skill Survey|
|Download Standards of Behavior|
|Thank you for your interest.|